The Charity Commission have just published a new paper outlining a series of useful questions on policy, strategy, effectiveness and outcome linked to the digital engagement of of trustees, staff, volunteers, service users and customers. Read more…
The twelve key questions are designed to help trustees map a digital strategy for their organisation, to measure its effectiveness and to ensue that digital process and delivery help staff, volunteers and end users for a charitable sevice to get the best from their experience.
The twelve headline questions from the Commission are offered below…
- How are we adapting our governance processes to reflect decision making in the digital age?
- Are new trustees being briefed?
- Have we got the right team in place to help us capitalise on the opportunities and manage the risks in digital?
- How does digital fit into our organisational strategy?
- How can the board influence the charity to create a culture in which digital can flourish?
- As more people seek help and information online, how could our charity support them?
- Is our charity using digital to build its brand?
- Is our charity equipped to manage reputational risk online?
- How will our charity use digital to fundraise, and how will this be aligned to our ethics and values?
- Are our IT systems and data secure?
- Do we understand what success looks like on digital?
- What are the resource implications of digital?
You can explore the detail, and the important subsidiary questions to be asked at board meetings, or policy setting engagements for your organisation, here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-digital-work-12-questions-for-trustees-to-consider/making-digital-work-12-questions-for-trustees-to-consider Accessed: 06.10.2016
Whatever the size of your charitable work or delivery mechanism, these key questions can help you as trustees determine the right path for your digital strategy.
The guidance was developed by the Charity Commission, Grant Thornton and Zoe Amar Communications.
SmithMartin LLP are charity strategists and digital creators for web, new media and webmail services for charities across the UK.
We are happy to talk to you about digital engagement or process development across your twelve key questions. Contact our team here.